Monday, January 25, 2010

Reading Assignment 1/25/2010

The reading assignment for today involved Section One, parts 2, 3, 4, 5 & 8. These sections reviewed the writing process and gave the reader information on how to improve their ability to write at a higher level of intellectual ability.


All of the parts of the reading contained information on not only improving the writer's thought process but gave additional information to better structure the essay. What it really did for me was to reinforce a lot of the information we covered in class on January 20. The reading did go more in depth regarding developing arguments to support the thesis statement and part 5 covered researching popular culture which expanded upon the classroom experience. The last section reinforced that the text we write is an extension of ourselves. More importantly, our knowledge, culture and experience dictates the content and perspective of our writing.


What I learned from the reading made me go back and literally deconstruct my first two drafts of the writing assignment due Wednesday. As is usually my tendency in life, I rushed headlong into the project not fully prepared. It was, however, a great learning experience and I think will result in a better finished product. I will remember that writing is a dynamic process. Ever changing and ever flowing like the ocean tides with the writer's life experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers