Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Winter Wonderland



This picture was taken after the December snow storm just before Christmas. Pictured is "Baby Boy", a Llama I care for at the farm where we're constructing a one of a kind 12,000 sqft English Manor style house and winery. The streak of grey to the right of the picture is one of my dogs, Rosie. She is part Brittany Spaniel and Blue Tic Coon Hound. Rosie often accompanies me to the farm to work.



The llama and dog have an interesting relationship and really look forward to seeing each other. Rosie gets restless before we make the final turn onto the road to the farm. With her head out the window, regardless of weather, her front paws begin to nervously move and tremble. By the time the farm comes into view she's back in the van looking out the front window. If the llama is in the front pasture, Rosie begins to whine in anticipation.

The llama perks up the second my vehicle starts to slow down to turn into the driveway. By the time I drive around the barn, he's headed for the area were I park. If he sees Rosie's head out the van window he starts running to greet her. Once we're parked, Rosie's headed over to greet him. Usually just touching noses. Then they're off chasing each other, at least until Rosie catches sight of one of the many farm cats. Their interactions have brought me great contentment at times and those moments sometimes had great timing to snap me out of stress related thoughts or down moments. Their play never fails to remind me how simple and fun life can be.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers